Donor: EU IPA – SIDA
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to environmentally sustainable economic development by bringing the country closer to EU environmental standards, through strengthening administrative structures and fostering the approximation with the environmental acquis requirements.
The purpose is to support the BiH institutions in approximation of EU Birds and Habitats Directives, more specifically transposition and implementation of the Directives’ provisions through the Entities’ Nature Protection Laws. The project also supports initial steps for starting with the development of a NATURA 2000 network and its corresponding implementing strategy and management plans.
The project consists of the following tasks:
- Development of NATURA 2000 proposal and consultation process;
- Drafting of Guidelines for the preparation of NATURA 2000 management plans;
- Development of the management plan for three proposed pilot NATURA 2000 sites;
- Preparation of Regulations/Ordinances to support establishment of NATURA 2000 network;
- Elaboration of the NATURA 2000 information system;
- Raising public awareness.