Donor: EU – IPA 2011
Budget: EUR 969,200
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to anchoring democratic values and structures, human rights, social inclusion and rule of law, thereby supporting the EU integration process. The purpose of the project is to provide capacity building of the State, entities and Brčko District governments in development of institutional mechanisms for cooperation with civil society in order to enable the aforementioned governments to engage in more fruitful dialogue with civil society.
The specific objectives of this contract are to:
- Support indigenous movement toward the adoption of a state government policy on cooperation with NGOs;
- Build capacities of institutional mechanisms for government cooperation with NGOs;
- Provide for timely, proper and consistent implementation of new laws and policies through training for civil servants;
- Assist the identified governments in improvement of budgetary policies related to civil society;
- Assistance in implementation of the Action Plan after the Strategy for development of more enabling environment for civil society development in BiH.
Direct assistance will be provided through five components:
- Component I: Foster more informed participation of civil society by supporting efforts to increase access to information
- Component 2: Build capacity building of the target governments and link capacity building measures with initiatives and processes that allow immediate application of the gathered skills:
- Component 3: Support indigenous initiatives aiming to create mechanisms for private-public partnership and governments’ policies on cooperation with NGOs;
- Component 4: Strengthen the institutional mechanisms for government cooperation with NGOs;
- Component 5: Provide for timely, proper and consistent implementation of new laws and policies through training for civil servants, NGOs and watchdog activities.
- Result 1: Governments established more organised and more efficient co-operation with civil society in mutual interest;
- Result 2: Involvement of civil society and cooperation between CS and governments increased;
- Result 3: Governments more responsive to needs of particular groups of citizens;
- Result 4: Greater social cohesion and improved community relations in BiH.
For more information about this project, please contact EPTISA’s Regional Office for Southeast Europe at: firstname.lastname@example.org