Budget: 785,000 €
The overall objective of the project is to establish an economic instrument for implementation of the first steps in application of the “polluter pays” principle in the water sector related to further development of financially sustainable water investment projects. The purpose is to prepare a National Water Tariff Study for development of an economic instrument for balanced water price system and management of financially sustainable water investment projects.
The project consists of the following main activities:
- Preparation and implementation of a stakeholders’ involvement plan;
- Analysis of the existing situation at national and local level, covering legislative, institutional framework, existing tariff methodology and its application, performance of water companies, analysis of social, economic and financial conditions, etc.;
- Development of an economic instrument for effective and affordable cost recovery in the water sector concerning national and local level;
- Formulation of a water tariff methodology and a structure of the water tariff, including pilot examination of the proposed methodology and tariff on municipal level;
- Development of an action plan for implementation of the economic instrument.
For more information about this project, please contact Mr. Andreja Todosijevic at: firstname.lastname@example.org