Client: Embassy of Sweden, Kosovo
Budget: 3,428,274 €
The project is designed to contribute to improving the environmental conditions in Kosovo with the following specific objectives:
- To develop the capacity of the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning, the Inter-Ministerial Water Council, municipalities, civil society and other stakeholders in environmental monitoring and management.
- To develop the capacity for implementation of environmental legislation, in compliance with EU directives.
- To enhance the knowledge of Kosovo’s water resources and develop capacity for their improved management, and enhance resilience to environmental and climate change.
- To enhance knowledge and protection of biodiversity and develop capacity for improved management of transboundary protected areas.
The Program consists of eight technical components:
- Strengthening Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency’s (KEPA) capacity for environmental monitoring, assessment and reporting;
- Conservation of bio-diversity through Red Book of animal species in Kosovo;
- Strengthening the management of trans-boundary natural areas;
- Establishment of groundwater monitoring network in Kosovo;
- Strengthening capacity for implementation of environmental legislation at central and local level.
- Groundwater investigation in Drini River Basin;
- River basin management plan for Drini River Basin;
- Support to Inter-Ministerial Water Council (IMWC) through short-term mandates.