Budget: 2,776,637 €
This project financed through a loan by the World Bank to the Government of Georgia aims to upgrade several segments of the East-West highway into three stages: I Stage: Ruisi – Agara (km95-km106), II Stage: Agara – Didi Sative (km106-km121) and III Stage: Didi Sative – Rikoti Tunnel (km121-km143).
The project consists of:
- Detailed design and Detailed construction drawings considering alignment for four-lane project road, parameters compliant with the relevant technical parameters of four-lane motorway (such as horizontal and vertical radii, road dimensions, its single slope cross profile, super elevations and etc);
- Right of the Way (RoW) and parameters and standards of four-lane highway;
- Resettlement Action Plan, that takes into account the complete census of land plots to be acquired, vicinity of settled areas and the highway access possibilities for population;
- Work and Traffic management plans, in order to consider that in locations, where the existing alignment remains, construction will take place without traffic interruption; and
- Environmental Study, including design for landscape, environment protection/restoration and assess the requirement for slope protection measures adjacent to the road and design cost-effective remedial works.