Donor: European Union
Budget: 968,610 EUR
The overall objective of ISPRI is to assist in the development of greater levels of trade and investment leading to higher levels of sustainable growth. Specifically, to strengthen the Dominican Republic´s capacity for a greater trade integration with its EPA partners, both in Europe and the Caribbean region.
The project considers the following activities:
- Trade policy formulation and analysis;
- Development of regional policies;
- Development of political scenarios and policy options regarding the technical barriers to trade;
- Support market access for goods;
- Harmonization of rules of origin, tariffs, services, intellectual property with international standards;
- Design and provision of a training programme in regional development planning;
- Establishing and strengthening contacts with the investment institutions and increasing usage of investment resources;
- Enhancing capacity for implementation of EPA, DCFTA, and other related initiatives undertaken with EPA partners.