Donor: European Union
Budget: 1,999,000 EUR
The overall objective of the project is to establish and maintain a Monitoring and Learning Facility (MLF), as part of the Programme to Support Pro-Poor Policy Development in South Africa (PSPPD), which will enhance the capacity development and training amongst researchers, academic and policy makers in the government, responsible for addressing poverty.
- Support capacity building of policy makers and researchers to conduct evidence-based policy analysis on poverty;
- Organisation and implementation of Study Tour and Training courses (policy makers/researchers);
- Support the evaluation system of the PCAS for improving the impact analysis of government policies and programmes in line with SA Government wide system of monitoring and evaluation;
- Develop capacity amongst policy-makers and researchers in utilising monitoring and evaluation system and tools developed;
- Develop and maintain knowledge management system whereby information developed through the PSPPD, as well as other information related to Pro-Poor Policy Development.