The aim of the study tour is to enhance the capacities of the staff of the Ministry of Energy and Mining with emphasis to their Energy Community Treaty responsibilities.
The Programme goals of the study tour are the following:
- To establish relationships with counterparts in other countries;
- To develop an understanding of process followed by the Member States to comply with EC regulations and lessons learned;
- To present the EU energy policy and discuss options for creation of long term energy strategy;
- To present the EU policy on renewables and discuss options for supporting schemes for development of renewable energy sources;
- To present the EU policy in energy efficiency and discuss options for creation of energy efficiency fund;
- To present the EU policy and incentives for combined heat and power production and discuss options for high efficiency cogeneration;
- To present the EU policy for development of natural gas distribution and supply and discuss options for development of natural gas distribution networks.
Key authorities from the Kosovo energy sector and EPTISA’s project staff will have the opportunity to visit the Ministry of Economy, Energy and Tourism of Bulgaria, State Energy and Water Regulatory Commission, Energy Efficiency Agency, and Ministry of Environment and Water of Bulgaria.
The study tour that will be held from 19th to 23rd July 2010, is fully prepared and managed by EPTISA with financial support of the European Union, within the project “Assistance to the Ministry of Energy and Mining”.