In September 2021, consortium led by Eptisa commenced implementation of the recently awarded project in Bosnia and Herzegovina under the EU assistance and on the behalf of Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In the next 18 months, services related to “Capacity Building of BiH Railways Regulatory Board focusing on the Fourth Railway Package” will be discharged by the team composed of Experts from Eptisa, Gopa Infra and Panteia. The project will be managed from Eptisa’s Regional Office for SEE / office in Sarajevo and will assist in establishing of the legal and institutional framework of a functional and sustainable rail system in BiH capable for opening the railway transport market in a manner of non-discriminatory access to infrastructure, all in accordance with Directive 2012/34/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 November 2012 establishing a single European railway area.
The expected results from this project t will be:
- The legal framework of a functionl and organisationally sustainable rail system in BiH provided;
- Regulatory preconditions for a safe, modern and efficient rail system created;
- Regulatory preconditions for regulation and control of the railway market and the railway system in BiH created;
- Regulatory preconditions for an independent operation of the safety investigation unit created;
- generally acceptable way of functioning of the railway system and its institutions in BiH in line with EU requirements identified.