Donor: EU – Phare
The overall objective of the project was to facilitate the successful completion of the infrastructure projects selected to be financed under Phare 2005 ESC. The project aimed at supporting the Ministry of Development, Public Works and Housing (MDPWH) and the Implementing Authorities for the works contracts (RDA’s) and the local beneficiaries in the successful management and supervision of 9 works projects concluded under the “Regional Infrastructure to support economic development” under Phare 2005 Economic and Social Cohesion programme.
The project included project management support to the Employer, construction supervision of the Works Contractors engaged by the Employer to execute the Works Contract.
Activities within the project included:
- High quality supervision of the works, approval of the materials, equipment and workmanship, according to Conditions of Contract for Works;
- Proper accounting and recording of the progress of the works and orderly planning of the civil works, ensuring the completion on schedule;
- Strengthening the PIUs capacity to manage regional infrastructure projects;
- Assisting RDA’s and MDPWH in their specific tasks, particularly in relation to the appropriate and timely planning of disbursement of funds;
- Transfer of “know-how” to the RDA’s/local beneficiaries and other related organisations;
- Provision of “hands-on” training of PIU staff seconded to the Consultant’s site teams.