Eptisa continues its operation in Kosovo with newly awarded EU project “Supervision of Construction Works for Infrastructure Schemes in north Kosovo”
The overall objective of the project is to support a more balanced regional development in Kosovo through increasing municipal social and economic infrastructure, the quality of life and economic development of Kosovo municipalities. The purpose of this contract is to assume the function of Supervisor as is set out in PRAG Conditions and rules, during the implementation of the Works Contracts in three municipalities in the north until the end of Defect Liability Period (issuing the Final Acceptance Certificate).
It is expected that the Consultant will achieve the following results:
- Facilitate the implementation of the works contract(s) through effective supervision in order to ensure that the works are completed to contracted budget, time and quality and fully in accordance with all contractual provisions;
- Ensure successful handing over of the schemes/projects to the Beneficiaries after issuing the Certificate of Provisional Acceptance;
- Ensure through competent supervision that all defects are properly dealt with and remedied during the 12-month Defects Liability Period (warranty period);
- Issuing of Certificates of Final Acceptance after expiry of the 12-month Defects Liability Period;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation information on a regular basis to the Contracting Authority and relevant Beneficiaries/Municipalities;
- A complete set of documentation and records are satisfactory maintained and filed.
The entire project will be funded under the IPA 2013 Annual Programme part II and managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo. Under this programme, further support will be provided to assist north Kosovo municipalities. The project is designed to improve social and economic infrastructure in municipalities of north Kosovo, to provide improved conditions and better facilities to residents, and to support the implementation of the Dialog. These objectives shall be achieved by the successful implementation of small to medium infrastructure projects, capacity building and training of staff in the municipalities.
The services include the technical assistance to the Contracting Authority on supervision of works (including defects liability period) for the implementation of three municipal infrastructures schemes in north Kosovo as follows:
- Reconstruction of the regional road from Zubin Potok to the village Dren with planned implementation period of eight calendar months;
- Construction of the sport hall in Zveçan/Zvečan with planned implementation period of twelve calendar months;
- Construction of the Municipal Building in north Mitrovica with planned implementation period of twelve calendar months.
The assignment has a value of 255,000 Euro and is financed under the IPA programme.
For more information about this project or about the activities of EPTISA in the region, please contact our Regional office at firstname.lastname@example.org.