Location: Western and Central Africa
Client: European Commission
Budget: 22,183,250 €
The overall objective of the project is to support, in the framework of the Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) initiative, the targeted countries and to improve their energy policy and regulatory framework conditions aiming at providing attractive conditions for increased public and private investment in energy access, energy supplies, renewable energy as well as energy efficiency.
In more detail, the project will provide technical assistance to the West and Central African countries to increase their administrative and technical capacities for sector policy analysis, development and implementation. Furthermore, the project will provide support to the beneficiary countries to implement their sector reform policies on access to sustainable energy, energy efficiency and energy supplies and thus to facilitate the implementation of the selected investment projects for the development of the infrastructure that is needed to meet the SE4All objectives.
Specific activities include:
- Establishing national energy sector policies;
- Institutional capacity building in policy and regulatory framework through, among others, training covering the following topics: Feasibility Studies, Environmental Impact Assessments, project facilitation, funds’ mobilisation, sector policy and financial reforms;
- Technical support in programming and preparation of projects: assisting beneficiaries to develop technical, environmental and economic capacities for the elaboration and design of energy studies, programmes and projects;
- Mobilization of funds and facilitation of partnership, (with particular emphasis on the private sector);
- Industrial and technology cooperation;
- On-going project management activities – including visibility.