Donor: EU – IPA
Budget: 1,501,000 €
The overall objective of this project is to develop an environmentally and financially sustainable solid waste management system in Primorsko-Goranska County and establish the County Waste Management Centre, thereby assisting Croatia in the implementation of the acquis communautare in the environment / waste sector.
The Mariscina Waste Management Centre is a complex system consisting of:
- Bioreactive Landfill cells including the working area and an area for disposal of treated municipal and non-hazardous industrial waste (capacity: 900.000 m3);
- CWMC’s facilities and CWMC’s infrastructure including WWTP with MBR technology;
- Transformation station;
- Mechanical Biological Treatment (MBT) plant with an average capacity of 100.000 t/y and with the secondary transformation stations, producing various recyclables and solid recovered fuel (SRF);
- Five transfer stations with purpose to receive waste from surrounding settlements.
Specific activities carried out by Eptisa include:
- Review and approval of Contractor’s Documents in accordance with FIDIC Yellow Book;
- Preparing a Manual of Supervision Procedures;
- Reviewing and approving the Contractor’s Health and Safety (HS) Plan and Environmental Management Plan;/li>
- Final review of the Main and Detailed Designs;
- Supervising the construction works in accordance with the Building Permits, Main and Detailed Designs relevant regulations and other project documentation;
- Continuously monitoring the Contractor’s Work Programme and progress, quality of work, site safety, equipment/material orders and deliveries, including the mobilization of personnel, equipment and resources, environmental issues etc.;
- Supervising the Trial Operation, control, approve and record Performance Tests for the MBT and WWTP plants.
For further details related to this project please contact our office in Zagreb at: firstname.lastname@example.org