The overall objective of this contract is to raise public awareness about the EU, its values and policies and assist EU Delegation’s public diplomacy activities. This will be achieved by the effective and dynamic EU IN SERBIA COMMUNICATION NETWORK (EUINFONET). The EUINFONET is the main EU information and communication tool in Serbia that will explain and promote EU accession process in Serbia to identified target groups, under the guidance of the EU Delegation in Serbia.
The main purpose of this contract is to assist, support and advise the EU Delegation in successfully implementing its information and communication strategy, also to raise public knowledge and understanding of Serbia’s accession process and activities of the EU Delegation in Serbia and efficiently manage the EU Information Centre in Belgrade and EU Information Points in Nis and Novi Sad, providing easy access to EU information to Serbian citizens.
The supporting purpose of this contract is to communicate benefits and obligations of EU membership to target groups through well-tailored communication tools and to support EU related events and networks in Serbia (such as Team Europe, EU library shelves) to improve EU visibility in Serbia and foster public debate on the EU, also to organise various activities and events for identified target groups (media, youth, business community, civil society) in understanding the accession/negotiations process, individual EU policies and the functioning of EU institutions and increase visibility and public knowledge about the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) and other EU assistance to Serbia.
The key activities within the project are:
- EU Information Centre in Belgrade – the EUIC in Belgrade is the projects’ main information hub, the lead communication network generator and central point of EU-related events.
- EU Information Points – managing two existing EUIPs in Nis and Novi Sad in implementing and covering the costs of all requirements as regards staff and premises.
- Media– support to media and maintenance of media.
- Events and campaigns – designing, organising and supporting public events (e.g. conferences, roundtables, panel discussions, trainings, debates, etc.) and campaigns.
- Networking and online communication – cooperation with media, authorities, libraries, civil society organisations, academia and opinion moulders to create synergies and multiply information to the public about the EU.
This project is targeting various groups, youth, students, public figures, academic circles, elderly citizens, as well as governmental and local municipal institutions and organisations, civil society organisations, academic circles and think tanks, with the strong focus on ordinary citizens of Serbia, as main recipients of information, which would lead to better understanding of the EU policies, values, and ultimate benefits of EU integration on their everyday lives.
The Contracting Authority is European Union, represented by its Delegation to the Republic of Serbia, on behalf of and for the account of the government of the Republic of Serbia.
For more information about this project, please contact EPTISA Regional Office for Southeast Europe at email@example.com, or visit our regional website www.eptisasee.com