Client: Samruk-Kazyna Invest LLC
Budget: 788,976 €
Within the strategy of the Government of Republic of Kazakhstan for the development of alternative and renewable energy sources, the state holding Samruk-Kazyna is pursuing the development of a Plan in this sector with the aim of planning the investment during next 15 years to increase the share of renewable energies up to 10% until 2020.
Eptisa has been awarded this new contract and will develop a roadmap for national development of renewable energy, the analysis of different financial options for its implementation and the improvement of the regulatory framework during 2013.
Within the main objectives of the study, Eptisa will carry out the following activities:
- Analysis of the situation and preparation of a long term (2013-2030) Road-Map to increase the share of renewable energies up to 10% until 2020;
- Development and assessment (operationally, economically and environmentally ) of three generation capacity alternative scenarios of energy-mix (conventional vs. renewable), from 2015 to 2030;
- Selection of a list of 5 priority projects and investments in renewable energy power (solar, wind, hydro, etc.) to be launched before 2015;
- Identification of those parts of the renewable value chain where it should foster local content, and define the investment strategy;
- Definition of the key regulatory guidelines, and organization of administrative bodies responsible for renewable energy development;
- Development of specific recommendations regarding de development of local skills and capabilities and the capitalization of this plan to maximize Kazakhstan´s economic development.