Budget: 900,100 €
The overall objective of the project is the rehabilitation of railway link along the TEN-T- Corridor X, branch Xd, increasing its capacity for better cohesion with the EU Member States and neighbouring countries, and promoting sustainable development through minimizing the adverse effects of transport on the environment and through improving transport safety. During the reconstruction of the 17 km-long railway line, EPTISA will act as the Engineer in accordance with Red Book FIDIC Conditions of Contract.
The civil works, which will extend during the next 38 months and that will be supervised by a team of engineers from EPTISA Macedonia and EPTISA Romania, comprise:
- Earth works on cuts and embankments with an increased bearing capacity,
- Enhanced safety measures in 10 level crossings;
- 6 existing bridges to be demolished and reconstructed;
- 3 existing bridges to be demolished and replaced with culverts;
- New signalling, telecommunications and ERTM;
- Track speed increased to 100 km/h;
- Construction of a new station in Zabeni and a halt in Kravari, including new track alignments (sidings).
The project consists of the following main activities:
- Task A: Inception Phase Activities (Inception Phase);
- Task B: Contract Administration and Works Supervision Activities (Supervision of Construction Phase);
- Task C: Defect Liability Period Activities (Defect Liability Period);
- Task R: Reporting.
For more information about this project or about the activities of EPTISA in Macedonia, please contact our office in Skopje at: email@example.com