Client: EU Delegation to Montenegro
Origin of funding: EU-IPA
The overall objective of this project is to improve living conditions of the society and the image of Montenegro contributing to further economic and social development of the country. The direct beneficiaries are the Ministry for Sustainable Development and Tourism (MSDT), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The purposes of the project are:
- Assistance to the MSDT in increasing environmental awareness of society and other stakeholders through created cooperation mechanism involving NGOs, education and training institutions, professional organisations, scientific bodies and government departments;
- Strengthening the capacity of the Government of Montenegro and in particular the MSDT and EPA in planning and delivering activities aimed at encouraging citizens and other stakeholders to contribute towards greater environmental protection and sustainability;
- Improving the understanding, awareness and ownership of environmental issues at all levels of society in order to promote their active involvement and to create pressure for change.
Specific activities include:
- Creation of awareness, ownership and support for the actions and decisions needed to implement the government’s policies and strategies related to environmental awareness and education;
- Assistance in establishing efficient management and institutional framework for environmental awareness and education;
- Planning and implementation of environmental awareness campaigns;
- Preparation of promo materials and media buying plan;
- Environmental awareness education by training and workshops for identified target groups including business sector, NGOs, media, local communities and schools;
- Preparation of the necessary training materials and media promotion.
Please view the project leaflet here.
Check the project campaign video at: YouTube
Check the project website at: www.spojimoniti.me