The objective of the project was to improve the capacity of the APDN to identify, define, prioritise, formulate and finance sustainable development projects in the North of the Kingdom of Morocco, including renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
Eptisa conducted identification & formulation of development projects, assessing the APDN in the formulation of long-term development plans & coordinating their actions and capacities with other development enterprises designed in other regions of the kingdom and at national and supra-national levels.
Technical assistance was provided not only to the APDN headquarters but also to regional & local delegations in the same themes where the central office had already been trained: identifying, formulating & financing development projects in environment, agriculture, energy (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), rural diversification, tourism, roads and water services in rural areas.
The project included the following activities:
- Institutional strengthening for regional development management to identify, define, prioritise, formulare and finance sustainable development projects including energy efficiency and renewable energy;
- Technical assistance in all project & project cycle aspects;
- Capacity building in regional development strategies and plans, including energy strategies;
- Training & formation for the APDN staff in project identification, elaboration, prioritization and fundraising, including energy efficiency and renewable energy projects;
- Promotion of Investments and attracting foreign investments for prioritised development projects, mainly related to EE and renewable energy sources;
- Reinforcement of the capacity of the APDN to raise development funds from the AECI, and;
- Project management and backstopping.