Client: Delegation of the European Union to Albania
Budget: 380,100 €
The overall objective of the Sector Reform Contract for the monitoring of which the services of this contract are requested is:
To contribute to an efficient transport system, integrated in the region and in the EU network, which promotes economic development and the citizens’ quality of life by focusing on the road transport.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- Assessment of the implementation of performance of the Sector Budget Support Programme: IPA 2016 Support to Transport with Focus on Roads.
- Prepare and implement jointly with EU Delegation and Albanian stakeholders the visibility and communication plan on Sector Budget Support Programme: IPA 2016 Support to Transport with Focus on Roads
The consultant’s specific activities will be but not limited to the following:
- Monitor the progress of the Government of Albania in the implementation of the National Transport Strategy and the related Action Plan (NTS) 2016 -2020.
- Ensure regular monitoring of the implementation of the Sector Budget Support Programme: IPA 2016 Support to Transport with Focus on Roads.
- Advise the Contracting Authority (EU Delegation to Albania) on the compliance with each of the eligibility criteria and include a recommendation letter on whether and how much shall be disbursed from the 1st and each instalment.
- Analyse whether the conditions for payment have been fulfilled and asses the compliance for each performance indicator (fixed and variable ones) based on evidence and include recommendation on whether and how much should be disbursed per performance indicator
- Organise and animate policy dialogue in the road transport sector including within the Integrated Policy Management Group (IPMG) for Transport sector I thematic groups for the road sector, Sector coordination and related Technical Secretariat Representatives of the Civil Society (CSOs), on the occasion of each mission’s and debriefings.
- Prepare strategy for visibility including a visibility and communication plan regarding implementation of the NTS and SCR IPA 2016.
- Assist EUD on implementation jointly with Albanian stakeholders a visibility and communication plan on the Sector Budget Support Programme: IPA 2016 Support to Transport with Focus on Roads.
- Prepare reports, briefings, executive summaries, PowerPoint presentations, draft press releases and draft speaking points, scene setter and events agenda, visibility panels and undertake visibility arrangements related to this project.
The monitoring exercise will run over a total period of forty-two (42) months, during which it is anticipated the completion of indicatively eight (8) missions in Albania corresponding to the evaluation/assessment of the SCR disbursement tranches as well as to the Government events/meetings regarding