Donor: EU – PHARE
Budget: € 1,249,300
The main objective of the project was to achieve integrated waste management and higher quality of the services provided at local and regional level through establishment of regional waste management systems compliant with the requirements of the national legislation and EU regulatory framework in the waste management sector.
A wide range of services was provided through:
- Information collection and evaluation;
- Participatory workshops/strategic framework;
- Update Municipal Waste Management Plans;
- Establishment of Regional Waste Management Bodies;
- Strengthening administrative capacity;
- Training, awareness and information dissemination.