Donor: EU – CARDS
The overall objective of the project was to provide the necessary support to the Croatian Environment Agency in order to enable it to define its role in the Croatian environmental management system, work effectively with its partner institutions and national reference centres, develop the relevant information, provide a service of value to decision-makers in Croatia as well as to enterprise and the public, and respond to the information needs of the European Environment Agency (EEA) and other international users.
The project activities included:
- Capacity building in environmental management, monitoring and reporting;
- Organisation of training programmes for environmental institutions;
- Design of environmental information systems;
- Establishment of a reference centre for air quality and solid waste following EIONET and development of national indicators;
- Air quality monitoring programme;
- Increasing of environmental awareness, communication and stakeholders participation.