Budget: € 1,522,588
The objective of the project was to assist the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning in Kosovo in defining and establishing the strategies, policies and procedures required for managing, implementing and enforcing the Kosovo environmental policy, as well as enabling the gradual harmonization towards EU environmental Acquis.
The actvities carried out throughout project included:
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building to the environmental management authorities;
- Training of public officials on environmental management;
- Approximation of environmental legislation;
- River basin management plan and strengthening of monitoring networks and water information systems;
- Preparation of solid waste management plan for the entire territory of Kosovo; and
- Procurement support.