Donor: EU – CARDS
Budget: € 498,000
The overall objective of the project was to support the remediation of industrial hotspots on an environmentally and financially sustainable manner by promoting donor funding to the sector. More specifically, the objective of the project was to assist in the elimination of industrial hotspots in North Macedonia through the development of hotspot remediation plans for 4 hotspots with financial requirements.
The project activities included:
- Identification of baseline conditions at 4 industrial hotspots;
- Establishment of industrial hotspot database; health and environmental risk assessment;
- Capacity building of local stakeholders in the field of contaminated site assessment;
- Remediation feasibility studies;
- Technical design / technical specification documents, financial / economical appraisals of remediation alternatives and EIA;
- Preparation of ToR for remediation of selected pilot site;
- Provision of trainings;
- Performance of preliminary risk assessment, and
- Supervision of site investigation works.