Client: Delegation of the European Union to Montenegro
Budget: 1,149,500 €
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the implementation and enforcement of the WFD in Montenegro. The purpose of this Contract is to enable MARD and other beneficiaries to prepare the ground for implementation of the EU WFD and all water related directives through provision of an operational and efficient monitoring network and preparation of River Basin Management Plans for the. The main institutions to be supported by this Project, and Beneficiaries, will be the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Montenegro, Directorate of Water Management within the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and Water Directorate.
Type and scope of services provided are as follows:
- Characterisation and analysis of River Basin Districts in Montenegro;
- Upgrade of water monitoring system in accordance with WFD;
- Development of the Adriatic and Danube RBMPs and Programme of Measures;
- Preparation of Strategic Environmental Assessment;
- Establishment of the RBMPs geodatabase model in Water Directorate;
- Provision of training activities;
- Activities for starting implementation of the WFD and Public awareness.