Donor: EU – PHARE
Budget: € 876,240
The overall objectives of the project were to strengthen the institutional capacity of the MESD (Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development) to achieve a sound overall programming and monitoring of the EU co-financed projects in Romania and the efficient and effective use of the funds made available.
Through on-the-job co-operation, elaboration of methodologies and staff training, this project reinforced the capacity of MESD’s ISPA staff to:
- Prepare sound project plans;
- Guide municipalities on the preparation of project proposals;
- Appraise and prioritise project proposals coming forward;
- Evaluate project applications and tender documents,
- Manage efficiently the process of evaluation, and
- Monitor the implementation of approved ISPA projects.