Donor: Ministry of Public Works
Budget: 6,110,000 €
The project included supervision and quality control of the construction of the new airfield of Madrid – Barajas, which comprised the runway of 4,700 m long and 75 m wide, and a taxiway of 4,400 m long and 51 m wide, one of the largest in Europe.
Contracts services included:
- Tendering evaluation of the works;
- Approval of Contractor’s execution planning;
- Financial control;
- Checking of the quality assurance plan;
- Supervision of the works including construction techniques and materials;
- Contract administration under Spanish Standards (similar to FIDIC); and
- Following-up compliance with environmental impact assessment plan.
Types of services provided:
- Preparation of detailed design, drawings and technical specifications;
- Preparation of procurement documentation;
- Environmental impact assessment;
- Works supervision;
- Contract management;
- Pre-construction activities (Procurement and contracting, support to the client);
- Detailed design supervision and construction supervision of motorway and tunnels.