Donor: EU – MEDA
Budget: € 2,497,280
The purpose of the project was to carry out the supervision for construction and provision of technical assistance for the implementation of the regional solid waste management project for the municipalities of Canakkale. Lapseki, Umurbey, Cardak, Kepez, Intepe and Kumkale, closure of Canakkale dumpsite and other minor dumpsites and construction of a new landfill with a composting plant in its premises.
The project included the following activities:
- Project management;
- Preparation of Tender Dossier under FIDIC;
- Assistance to the Beneficiary during Works Tender stage;
- Construction supervision of new landfill acting as Engineer following FIDIC Conditions of Contract;
- Construction supervision (FIDIC) of the closure of the existing and old dumpsites;
- Implementation of surveys (topographical, hydro-geological, and geotechnical, etc.);
- Assistance to the Beneficiary in establishing ground water pollution and air quality monitoring programmes;
- Training of staff, etc.