Donor: EU – IPA
Budget: 770,000 €
The overall objective of this project is to ensure that sustainable development of the country will be achieved in concomitance with the implementation of European Community waste management legislation. The purpose of this contract is to support the Montenegro authorities, in particular the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism, in preparation of a National Waste Strategy Document reflecting the Government’s position on Waste Management Policy.
In addition, a new National Waste Management Plan 2013-2018 with an associated Implementation Action Plan will be developed to ensure Montenegro has a clear and sustainable road map for compliance with the EU Waste Management Legislation.
Lastly, Waste Management Plans will be developed for the confirmed inter-municipal regions and an analysis of the environmental effectiveness and the cost effectiveness of separation and recycling of waste resulting in recommendations for achieving the targets of the EU directives will be carried out.
The project comprises the following tasks:
- Review of the existing National Waste Management Plan;
- Draft and implementation of a communication plan;
- Preparation of National Waste Strategy Document;
- Establishing background data;
- Establishing stakeholders’ networks;
- Development of Waste Region Management Plans and Municipal Waste Management Plans;
- Development of the National Waste Management Plan 2013 – 2018.
Please check the activities, documents and other information at the project website: www.ekomisija-follow.me
For more information about this project, please contact EPTISA’s Regional Office for Southeast Europe at: email@example.com