Donor: Spanish Cooperation Agency
Budget: € 55,000
In order to improve their skills in water management and their agricultural plots, a group of individuals both from the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Republic of Srpska were invited to visit different institutions in Spain. The participants were mainly public officials from the Ministries of Agriculture and Waters as well as representatives from the Water Users Association of Popovo Valley.
Topics studied and discussed during the training were the following:
- Institutional arrangements reports on the policy, legal and institutional factors under which water authorities were established and promotion of greater efficiency and sustainable use of water;
- Organisational Framework for Irrigation Water Management in Spain;
- On Farm Water Management;
- Project on the Operation, Maintenance and Management of Irrigation Systems;
- Irrigation economics;
- Demonstration of best practice in water use efficiency.