Client: Department for Contracting and Financing of EU Programmes (CFCU)
Budget: 1,400,000 €
The overall objective of the project is to reform the energy policy of the Republic of Serbia by meeting EU Acquis through increased use of renewable energy. The purpose of this contract is implementation of Serbian Energy Development Strategy in the renewables sector by encouraging and facilitating investments in small hydro power plants (SHPPs) potentials. The expected results include updated Small Hydro Power Cadastre in electronic format with real data from the field and new locations entries including trained staff in GIS software use, and improved awareness on the new Cadastre for Small Hydro Power Plants.
The project consists of the following activities:
- Identification of the current situation in river basins;
- Preparation of methodology for assessment of locations for SHPPs;
- Survey of all potential locations;
- Preparation of new Cadastre data base;
- Upgrading of existing GIS software with new Cadastre of SHPPs;
- Training for the staff of the final beneficiary institution;
- Organizing study visit for the staff of the beneficiary institutions;
- Visibility and presentation of the new Cadastre of SHPPs.
Types of services include:
- Assistance with the energy reforms in Serbia to comply with obligations from the energy acquis through increased use of renewable energy;
- Support for the implementation of Serbian Energy Development Strategy in the renewable sector based on the EU energy acquis;
- Technical assistance to facilitate investments in small hydro power plants’ potentials;
- Preparation of the report on the current situation about SHPPs construction conditions including proposal for up to 20 new hydrological measurement points;
- Design of Web application for the new Cadastre of SHPPs;
- Development of the methodology for analysis of hydrological potentials, analysis of geological situations for preparation of new Cadastre;
- Development of Cadastre data base in electronic format with all locations for SHPPs from every particular rivers, in English and Serbian languages;
- Upgraded existing GIS software with new Cadastre of SHPPs;
- Capacity building and training activities including study tour in EU country for staff from the beneficiary institutions;
- Visibility and public awareness activities including organisation of events, round tables and development of printed materials;
- Project management and backstopping.