Donor: EU – IPA 2007
Budget: 2,900,000 EUR
The main purpose of the project is to assist the Water Directorate of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management in preparation of a master plan in order to speed up investments in wastewater treatment and sewerage, and protection of ground and surface water. The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the protection of water resoruces, water quality and public health.
The objectives of the contract are:
Objective 1: Preparation of the Wastewater and Sewerage Master Plan for the region of the West Morava River Basin:
- Review and assessment of all legislation related to wastewater and sanitation;
- Review of Environmental Impact – Review and assessment of industrial effluents, assessment of domestic sewage discharges to water, assessment of impact from on-site sanitation practices;
- Household Survey in urban and rural areas in order to assess levels of service, common problems, affordability and willingness to pay and types of facilities in use;
- Preparation of Land use, Population and Water Demand Estimates;
- Report on tariff considerations and the impact of water pricing on water consumption;
- Preparation of Master Plan – Prediction of future wastewater and sanitation requirements; Financial feasibility of projects.
Objective 2: Preparation of the tender documentation for construction of Wastewater Treatment Plant of capacity 20,000PE.
- Preparation of WWTP Final design;
- Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Cost Benefit Analysis of the proposed Facility;
- Tender documents in accordancde with FIDIC Yellow Book and national legislation.
For further details related to this project please contact Mr. Dragan Kostadinov, email: email@example.com